Department of Mathematical Sciences
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Office: Wean Hall 7108
sebv (at) cmu (dot) edu
About Me | Teaching | Writings | Talks | Various
I am a math graduate student at Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) . I started my Ph.D. in the Fall of 2012. Before that, I was studying Communication Systems and Computer Science at the Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL).
My encounter with mathematical logic in 2010, and an exchange year at CMU in 2011-12 made me decide to change fields and turn to pure mathematics. I still hold a B.A. in Communication Systems from EPFL.
My research interests now lie in Model Theory and Set Theory. My advisor is Rami Grossberg.
- In Spring 2012, I was the grader for 21-329 Set Theory.
- In Fall 2012, I was a Teaching Assistant for 21-120 Differential and Integral Calculus.
- In Spring 2013, I was a Teaching Assistant for 21-127 Concepts of Mathematics .
- In Fall 2013, I am (once again) a Teaching Assistant for 21-120 Differential and Integral Calculus.
- In Fall 2013, I am also grading for 21-300 Basic Logic.
- Privacy is like air: you never notice it exists, but you need it. I encourage you to use my PGP key (last updated: Sep. 21, 2013) .
- Here is a list of the classes I have taken / am taking at CMU.
- As everybody should know, all mathematicians are programmers, and conversely. Here are some of my programs .
- My old homepage: archived here since Feb. 10, 2013. Not maintained anymore.
- Like every other webpage, this webpage is under construction !